Dunhill Cigarette Plastic Container

I am not a smoker and I hate to smoke. The reason why I collect this item is because my great grandmother was a heavy smoker in the past. She started smoking at a young age and after that quitting smoking at the age of almost 80 years old when she felt ill for a few day. Back then, my mum and other of the grandchildren would play hide and seek with her cigarette containers and lighters around the house to prevent her from smoking during her transition period of quitting smoking. One a recent discovery, I found a huge bundle of cigarette box and you can check my collection of them here.


This one, I bought online at Carousell with a cheap price of 5 Singapore dollars. I like the cute design of this vintage plastic container. This packaging is mostly likely during the 80s to the early 90s.


Today's world, cigarette boxes are all in cardboard boxes with images of smoker's lungs and other scary images on the consequences of smoking. Thus, cigarette box like this are rare items to come by.


Inside the container

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Blue and White Rice Grain Porcelain plates

Konica Autoreflex T2

Vintage USHA fan