Vintage remote control car (RC car)

Found this unused RC car which has been staying in my storage cabinet for many years already. To my surprised, everything is still intact and the condition of it still looks good despite it's long age. There was no battery leakage in the battery compartment and there is no cracks on the body.



To my curiosity, I decided to give it a test. I place a 9 volt batteries into the remote control unit and place another 2 double AA batteries inside the RC car itself. At first, the car could move fast enough and I decided to place a little motor oil on the wheel shaft of the car. After that, I let the car spin upside down for awhile to ensure that the motor is able to pick up its speed before placing the car upright.



With those actions taken, the car is able to drive fast. From the test drive, I found out that this car can only drive straight and reserved to the right. In the past, RC cars can only move in a few directions unlike now where RC cars can move in various direction like a real car. If you are curious to know how old is this unit here, this piece here is from the mid 1990s.



This set also comes with it's original box too !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Blue and White Rice Grain Porcelain plates

Konica Autoreflex T2

Vintage USHA fan