Rare and huge enamel basin

I am so glad to find this huge and rare enamel basin which my great grandmother had kept for many donkey years. Although the condition of this basin isn't very good, I believe this can still fetch a high value in today's market due to it's unique large size. Larger enamel basins are much harder to find in antique shops as compared to smaller basins. In the past, only one household could have either one or two of these kind of large basin. This basin is mainly use for washing clothes and also a bath tube for baby and young children.

This is a rare 1950s enamel basin which was kept well by my great grandmother


The diameter of this basin is 67 cm and it stands at 25 cm height. Some of you guys maybe wandering how huge is this ?? Not to worry as I made things better by providing a clearer comparison in the picture below. The green enamel bowl is as big as your ordinary rice bowl.

Huge enamel basin with size comparison to a smaller one


Probably, this is more than 50 years old already. I found this not long ago at my grandmother's old shop where it was left there behind the toilet for a very long time. The condition of the bottom of the basin isn't very good as there were many peeled off areas.

worn out bottom of a enamel basin


I am very thankful because my grandma enjoys keeping these kind of old vintage items from the past. There are also many items which I found recently and I can't wait to share my stories with you guys. Do follow up on my blog for more post. Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Blue and White Rice Grain Porcelain plates

Konica Autoreflex T2

Vintage USHA fan