Vintage 90s landline telephone

Here is a small collection of vintage 90s landline Malaysia telephone. Telekom Malaysia is Malaysia national telco for landline all the time.   


These phones were from Telekom Malaysia and each of them were built with their own unique serial number. 


Below are some of the models and variants of Telekom Malaysia landline phone from the 90s.


When I see all these old telephones, it reminds me about my past as I have a lot of happy moments with this telephone. I remember when I was young, I will always play with the curled rubber insulated telephone wires. These wires will keep all my boredom away as I will spend most of my time trying to straighten the curled wires which turns out to curled back again.


Another interesting fact about these old telephones is that it doesn't have any display to show who the caller is. We always have that exciting hope hoping that when the phone rings, that call is from our girlfriends or boyfriends or even our BFF call. Then we will spend like 30 minutes or more on the phone talking. If that call is for our parents or grandparents, the younger generation would be like " Sighhh " and hoping that call is from our eye candies. For those people who talk very long on the phone, there will always be a queue behind you and the person who is always waiting to use the phone the most is your mum. When your mum receive the phone from you, the phone ear piece will be all sweaty wet and your mum or whoever uses it have to clean it.


When you have more relatives living under one roof and only uses one fix line, you will always hear phone ringing very often until it gets very annoyed. When that call is specially for you, you will be jumping with joy and happily answer the phone. I bet everyone surely gets at a scolding for not helping your parents answer the telephone.

Anyway these are my sweet memories about these old vintage landline telephone. Mobile telephone have already taken over all these landline telephones and these old fashioned wired connected phone would soon become extinct. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Blue and White Rice Grain Porcelain plates

Konica Autoreflex T2

Vintage USHA fan