Vintage USHA fan

This fan was originally bought in 1946 right after world war 2, when my great grandma bought the shop. I believe that time, after the war broke out, many of the shops when through renovations and many of them were rebuilt back again. So that is how I predict the age and the year of this fan. This fan is placed in the living room upstairs of the old shop.

1940s rare USHA fan, worth about 400 USD


Having a ceiling fan like this was really a luxury in the past, as many couldn't afford it. The most common brand ceiling fan in the 40s were GEC fan. USHA is a cheaper version of the GEC fan as it is made in India. The quality of the USHA fan is as good as the quality of the GEC fan. This fan ball bearing have not been changed for about 40 years and it is still in good working condition. The fan can still spin at max speed without making any noise.



Whereas for the fan regulator, a GEC regulator was being used to replace the old USHA regulator. After searching in the store room at the old shop, I found this old regulator which could be the USHA fan regulator. As you can see, this fan regulator have been painted over many times until the die is even written with marker pen.

Here is a good looking USHA fan which is already 70 years old


This fan was then taken down on 18 August 2019 as I decided to move this fan which was originally placed up there for 72 years, to my house. I plan to display this fan when I buy a new house in the future as currently my home is full of my other collection.



The weight of this fan in total is 16.8 Kg and the three blades weighed a total of 3.5 Kg which makes this dude a heavy one. This fan had been painted once with white paint, but the white paint slowly fades off over the years.

Comments

  1. Mujhe jarurat hai ,aap kaha se hai,my whatsapp number 8440857320

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please call me 8440857320,sab kuchh sahi hai

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hve This model two 2 fan if anyone need cll this number...+601137233734

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to purchase .. How much cost? From where it’s availabl? Mob & WhatsApp.. 9830652637.Than..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Blue and White Rice Grain Porcelain plates

Konica Autoreflex T2