VHS player

How many of you out there still remember the VHS ?

VHS tape from the 80s


I bet some of you could remember !!! For me, I remember it is quite troublesome to use the VHS player as you need to clean the heads of the tape and player heads from time to time.


I found this player in my aunt's old shop. Condition is new and it is not been used at all. It comes with the original box too. Sadly, the box is not in a very good shape as there was another box on top of this box. But over time, I believe not using the VHS players will actually bring in problems to the player itself. This VHS player have been left in the box for many years. Easily I think, this model is about 25 years old.



This player also comes with a remote control, RCA wire and also an original manual.

Without waiting, my curiosity brought me to another level to test out the product. First, I opened up the player to check whether are there any rust or dust inside before plugging it to an electrical plug.



To my surprised, I find everything is still in very good condition except for the rubber band which holds the half-loading arm frame that functions to help eject the tape and hold the tape. The rubber band inside seems to be harden and loses it's elasticity which refuses me to insert in the VHS tape into the player.

Sadly, I couldn't really test out the VHS player to really confirm that is 100% working smooth without playing the VHS tape. There could be other parts like that voltage regulator and the gears could have been spoiled inside which I didn't know.



VHS is totally dead as there are no longer any cartoons that comes out in VHS format. The parts for the VHS player are in fact very rare to get. Besides that, if you want to hook this player with your modern TV, you will need a RCA to HDMI adapter as modern flat screen TV no longer have RCA connectors.

When I find time, I will definitely test it out once again. Hope I can the parts to this VHS player or not it will be like a display piece in my house.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Blue and White Rice Grain Porcelain plates

Konica Autoreflex T2

Vintage USHA fan