Collection of red packets (Ang Bao, 紅包)

Collecting red packets is indeed a very interesting hobby. I know friends who have been collecting red packets for more than 10 years and their collection filled almost of their whole house Amazed at their collections, I decided to start mine my collection back in 2008. Yes !!!, that was very long ago.

Beautiful red packets, come in different shape and sizes
My red packet collection

Why 2008? I will share in my upcoming post. There is a story behind my first red packet collection.
But I stop collecting them a few years later, because every single time, I had to wait till Chinese New Year only I could collect them.

Last time don't have Carousell unlike now where you can buy Ang Bao to complete your collections. Moreover, I don't spend a single cent from buying red packets, most of them are exchange and some are gifted from my parents or relatives who work at the company. From time to time, I did collect a few red packets along the way, but the numbers are a few only.

My colorful collections of packets
My colorful collection 


Most of my collections are Mobil gas, banks and supermarkets I don't really collect Zodiac animals red packets. Even if I do, I only collect tiger red packets because I am born in the year of the tiger.

I do collect purple Deepavali packets and Hari Raya packets too, but the quantity are lesser.

A weeks ago, I made up my mind to sell and give away my red packet collections. This is because I want to make room for more antique items which I be collecting more in the future.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Blue and White Rice Grain Porcelain plates

Konica Autoreflex T2

Vintage USHA fan