Vintage Claw Grabber

A lot of people told me that this claw grabber is a very rare item. According to a vintage collector, he shared with me that this claw grabber is one of its kind and it is no longer seen in production ever since it disappeared back in the early 70s.


This claw grabber functions to help you to take out hot plates and stuff from the steamer pot. This piece here is made from aluminium and there is a few Chinese words engrave on the top of the grabber. 


The words couldn't be seen clearly therefore, I couldn't do a translation here.

When open

According to my mum who used it back then told me that this grabber will sometimes become stiff and harden up making it difficult to grab things. 

When close

She even shared with me a technique on smoothing up by washing it with soap and water. When my friend first saw this, she told me that this grabber looks the same as the ones in the claw machine at the shopping centre. HAHAHA, actually it does look a like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Blue and White Rice Grain Porcelain plates

Konica Autoreflex T2

Vintage USHA fan